My love affair with books began at five when my mother took me to the bookmobile (a library on wheels) to get my library card. My first book was The Little Engine That Could which I recently had tattooed on my left bicep with the words “I Think I Can” underneath it. I have subsequently read several thousand books for pleasure and to improve my writing skills.
I began writing my first novel, A Bold & Brazen Article, about fifteen years ago. During this period, I workshopped it with several writers groups and also paid a professional editor for their notes. After about a dozen revisions, I still was not satisfied with it nor ready to send it out to agents. Hence, the reason that I enrolled in the MFA Creative Writing Program at Wilkes University where I was able to revise my novel and to hopefully have it published sometime in the near future.
I currently reside in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with my Irish setter Clancy where I am working on my second novel while continuing to write book reviews.
Ten Favorite Books
- Ironweed by William Kennedy
- Beautiful Music by Michael Zadoorian
- The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
- The Ink Truck by William Kennedy
- Purple America by Rick Moody
- Motherless Brooklyn by Jonathan Lethem
- Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- Ragtime by E.L. Doctorow
- Easy Riders, Raging Bulls by Peter Biskind
- A Bright Shining Lie by Neil Sheehan
Ten Favorite Movies
- Angels with Dirty Faces
- Das Boot
- Where Eagles Dare
- Apocalypse Now
- The French Connection
- 8 ½
- Young Frankenstein
- Cinema Paradiso